Just a small-town girl, tryin’ to find a place in this world
Hi! I'm Hannah. Welcome to my little corner of the inter-webs. Here's a little bit about me:
- I love to write
- I first realized my passion for writing in second grade when I hand-wrote a twenty page paper for an assignment. Granted, twenty pages in second grade handwriting is significantly different than a novel, but hey, I loved it nonetheless. Through the years, my writing has varied from the stories and essays required for school, to extensive diary entries, to poems, to the blogs that you can access from this site!
- Music runs deep
- Music has been an integral part of my life since day one. Growing up in a musical family, I started taking piano lessons at age five, and haven’t looked back since! I love playing piano, organ, and flute, and dabbling with other random instruments as I have the ability. Currently, I help lead worship as a pianist, organist, and vocalist at my local church. In my spare time, I also enjoy writing and arranging music for various holidays, and playing and singing for community events!
- Warning: High energy
- I love being active (especially outdoors)! In warmer weather, you can find me hiking, biking, or kayaking on most any given weekend. In cooler weather, I also enjoy skiing and ice skating. The rest of the time? I love helping out on our family farm!
- Adventure is out there
- In addition to being active, I enjoy traveling as often as my schedule allows – whether to see friends and family around the country, or to simply explore a new area!
- Eye see you
- When I’m not having fun messing with music, traveling around the country, or exploring the great outdoors, you can find me behind a slit-lamp, pursuing yet another passion: optometry. As a residency trained optometrist specializing in brain injury vision rehabilitation, I love caring for the visual needs of this unique patient population, and am looking forward to starting a new, therapy-based practice in the near future!